Saturday, February 24, 2007

Loathe Me Tender

Yesterday I stumbled upon a new online game via an article over at 1up.com.

It's called Kingdom of Loathing, and is a totally free online RPG that doesn't take it's self too seriously. It's a throwback to the old MUDs and MUSHes of yore. It has amazing stick figure artwork, and a sense of humor to make you groan. For example, your first task is to climb Mt. Noob and speak to the Toot Oriole, who will give you some training and start you adventuring.

I've only been playing a day, but it sure is addicting.

You can get a familiar to fight along side you. I currently have a 7 pound mosquito named Knee-biter that helps me with my battles. It's nice because he will sometimes suck the enemy's blood, then heal me with it. What a nice guy.

You only start out with a limited number of adventure points (you need at least one of these points for each adventure you start), but you can earn more along the way. It helps keep you from playing all day long, so that's a plus.

If you like olde time RPGs, then you really should give it a look see.

No comments: