Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I got game!

Checked the mail today, and there was a little package from Playstation Underground (if you have a PS2, and are not an Underground member, head over and sign up). They frequently send out new game announcements, fancy glossy PS3 ad magazine/book/things, and most importantly, game demos.

This was the latter.

It was a nice little CD sized package, that when opened revealed a folded up pirate flag, poster, and of course the game demo. The demo is for Level 5's latest RPG Rogue Galaxy, due out next month.

Level 5 brought us the wonderful Dragon Quest VIII, as well as the Dark Cloud series.


I have wanted this game from the moment I heard about it. I really like the other games that Level 5 has produced, and this one looks to be as good as, or better than those.
I was heading out to the store when I checked the mail, so didn't have time to try the demo then, and when I got home there was a package in the door.

Another game.

This time it was a full game. I had entered a contest at 1up.com to win a copy of a game called Thrillville, and I won!

I hadn't heard of the game before entering, but it was a themepark construction sim made by Lucas Arts, and I tend to like their games, so I entered. The game came with a Thrillville folder and a congratulatory note from the evil Usagi-san of whom I had to become a minion of in order to enter the contest.

So now I have to decide which to try first.

I will probably go with the demo, as that will be shorter, but I know it will leave me wanting and waiting for more.

No comments: