Thursday, November 16, 2006

What would you do-oo-oo....?

I really like video games.

I really want the new PS3 and the Wii.

I'll pay the high prices they ask to play these (unless someone else would rather pay).

But I will not spend almost a day and a half sitting outside a Best Buy in the rain with temps ranging between 46-37 degrees.

My friend Derek doesn't feel the same way.

Crazy?

This was the scene last night of the people behind him in line at his local Best Buy.

They are all waiting to be some of the first people to get a PS3.

He got there around 8:30 last night, and was only fourth in line. So if he can stay in line until midnight tonight, he should be able to get one.

I'm not certain he realized when he got into line last night that it IS tonight at midnight that they go on sale, NOT last night. Maybe he did, but I hope he has people to relieve him, or it could get messy.

Then the question is: After waiting so long for a PS3, does he keep it, or does he sell it on ebay? The deluxe PS3 sells for $600, and is currently getting bids in the $1,000 - $3,000 range.

I'll have to call him later today, and see if he's still in line.

No comments: